Jump to navigation Jump to search
carven (not comparable)
- Made by carving, especially when intricately or artistically done.
- 1920, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Thuvia, Maiden of Mars, HTML edition, The Gutenberg Project, published 2008:
- The facades of the buildings fronting upon the avenue within the wall were richly carven …
- 1999, Lin Carter, The Quest of Kadji, page 118:
- The architecture was bewildering in its multiform complexity: great, sleepy-lidded faces of stone gazed down from the eight-sided towers; fantastic dragon-hybrids writhed entangled coils above portal and arch; many-armed and beast-headed gods thronged the paven ways, lining entire avenues in rank on rank of carven stone idols so innumerable as to suggest pantheons as populous as dynasties.
- Alternative form of