- (General American) IPA(key): /fɚˈɡɑt.n̩/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /fəˈɡɒt.n̩/
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (New England) (file) Audio (New England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒtən
- Hyphenation: for‧got‧ten
of which knowledge has been lost, which is no longer remembered
forgotten (plural forgottens)
- A person or thing that has been forgotten.
- 2007 December 31, Alan Feuer, “Headliners of 07: A Subway Savior, Rampaging Rats, and a $12 Million Dog”, in New York Times:
- Luckily for these unfortunate forgottens, New Year is approaching, a time when, despite the intuitions of the calendar, our thoughts often turn to the past.