Jump to navigation Jump to search
sunken (not comparable)
- caused, by natural or unnatural means, to be depressed (lower than the surrounding area) or submerged
- The sunken ship lay at a depth of 100 feet
- (of eyes or cheeks) Seeming to have fallen deeper back into the face due to tiredness, illness, or old age.
- She looked old and thin with sunken cheeks and hollow eyes.
- 2023 July 20, Suzanne Wrack, “Spain win Women’s World Cup as Olga Carmona strike breaks England hearts”, in The Guardian:
- The heartbreak will take some getting over; the sunken forms of the players at the full-time whistle said as much.
depressed or submerged
of eyes or cheeks seeming to have fallen deeper back into the face.