Jump to navigation Jump to search
life story (plural life stories)
- An account of an individual's life.
- 1947 January and February, “Railway Literature”, in Railway Magazine, page 62:
- Queen Mary of the Iron Road. By Fred C. Bishop. […] This is the life-story of a boy who was determined to become an engine driver, and who lost no time in realising his ambition. A bold plunge from a clerkship in a coal merchant's office carried Fred Bishop, at the age of 14, into the locomotive department of the London & North Western Railway.
- (by extension) A long detailed monologue to someone.
- I wish this guy would stop giving me his life story and just buy me a drink.