Jump to navigation Jump to search
Short for celluloid.
loid (plural loids)
- A lock-picking tool made from a piece of celluloid.
- (transitive) To force (a lock) by slipping a credit card or similar thin object between the door and the frame.
- 1983, Ronald L. Cruit, Intruder in your home, page 42:
- A deadbolt can't be loided because it doesn't have a curved, self-latching bolt.
- 2012, Lawrence Fennelly, Handbook of Loss Prevention and Crime Prevention, page 346:
- The loiding of windows is accomplished by inserting a thin stiff object between the meeting rails or stiles to move the latch to the open position, or by inserting a thin stiff wire through openings between the stile or rail and the frame […]