lose one's way
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) to get lost, to become lost.
- 2017 June 3, Daniel Taylor, “Real Madrid win Champions League as Cristiano Ronaldo double defeats Juv”, in The Guardian (London):
- It was certainly rare to see a Juventus team lose their way so badly bearing in mind it was 1-1 at the break and, if anything, Massimiliano Allegri’s players had looked the more rounded side.
- 2011 March 1, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 2 - 1 Man Utd”, in BBC:
- This was a wonderful advert for the Premier League, with both Chelsea and United intent on all-out attack - but Ferguson will be concerned at how his side lost their way after imperiously controlling much of the first period.
get lost — see get lost