Audio (US) (file)
- (used to tell someone to go away): beat it, fuck off, go away, take a hike, piss off, bugger off
- See also Thesaurus:go away
get lost (third-person singular simple present gets lost, present participle getting lost, simple past got lost, past participle (chiefly British) got lost or (North America, archaic in UK) gotten lost)
- (intransitive) To lose one's way.
- Don't you have a map? How did we get lost?
- I got lost in his reasoning.
- (intransitive) To be absent, to seem to be absent.
- The violins get lost with the rest of the music.
- (intransitive, usually in imperative and reported speech) To exit from the scene.
- I don't want to have to tell you again: Get lost!
- After things calmed down, Fred told Jack to just get lost.
- Jack did a good job of getting lost: nobody saw him for 4 years.
to appear to be absent