Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of sending someone away.
- Deprivation of office; the fact or process of being fired from employment or stripped of rank.
- 1905, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, chapter 2, in The Hocussing of Cigarette:
- No one, however, would have anything to do with him, as Mr. Keeson's orders in those respects were very strict ; he had often threatened any one of his employés with instant dismissal if he found him in company with one of these touts.
- A written or spoken statement of such an act.
- Release from confinement; liberation.
- Removal from consideration; putting something out of one's mind, mentally disregarding something or someone.
- (law) The rejection of a legal proceeding, or a claim or charge made therein.
- (cricket) The event of a batsman getting out; a wicket.
act of sending someone away
deprivation of office
rejection of a legal proceeding, or a claim