Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A network of autonomously controlled, multi-rotor unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that transport small packages of a standardised size.
- 2012 December 1, “An internet of airborne things”, in The Economist, volume 405, number 8813, page 3 (Technology Quarterly):
- A farmer could place an order for a new tractor part by text message and pay for it by mobile money-transfer. A supplier many miles away would then take the part to the local matternet station for airborne dispatch via drone.
- “Matternet: Swapping roads for flying”, in BBC, 2012-02-02
- “An internet of airborne things”, in The Economist, volume 405, issue 8813, 2012-12-01, page 3-4 (Technology Quarterly)