Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Judaism) any of the Five Scrolls of the Hebrew Scriptures (Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, and Esther)
- (Judaism, specifically) the Book of Esther
megillah (plural megillahs)
- A long, overblown story or fuss; a to-do.
- 1997, Don DeLillo, Underworld:
- You can’t name it. It’s too big or evil or outside your experience. It’s also shit because it’s garbage, it’s waste material. But I’m making a whole big megillah out of this. What I really want to get at is the ordinary thing, the ordinary life behind the thing.