metallophilic (not comparable)
- (chemistry) Characterized by attraction between metal ions
1994, P. Pyykkö, J. Li, N. Runeberg, Chemical Physics Letters, volume 218, page 133:
- A good general name might be metallophilic attraction.
2004, Ramon Vilar, “Anion-Directed Assembly”, in Jerry L. Atwood & Jonathan W. Steed, editors, Encyclopedia of Supramolecular Chemistry, ISBN 082475056X, page 83:
- The silver atoms are held together by the bridging alkynyls and a combination of metallophilic attractions between the silver centers and Lewis-acid-base interactions between the silver atoms and the encapsulated halide.
- (cytology) Tending to adsorb metal ions
- the metallophilic cytoplasm