Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (rare) Synonym of
- 1869, Johann Gottlieb Fichte, The Science of Rights, page 279:
- The question here arises: Shall it be transferred to one or to many; or shall the state, in regard to the persons who constitute its government, be a monocracy or an aristocracy?
- 1991, William W. Freehling, The Road to Disunion: Secessionists at Bay, 1776-1854, volume 1:
- A monocracy, as traditionalists called it, also seemed dangerous.
- 2015, M. Steven Fish, Democracy Derailed in Russia: The Failure of Open Politics:
- In monocracies, the extent of closure is still greater.
autocracy — see autocracy