motherhood and apple pie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternative form of
- 1974, Howard Cosell, Like it is, page 131:
- Why are you so critical of baseball? ... something pure and noble like the American flag, motherhood and apple pie.
- 2003, Deborah Lynn Guber, The grassroots of a green revolution: polling America on the environment, page 1:
- As one newspaper columnist wryly observed, "Motherhood and apple pie, baseball and the flag — all may be subjects of controversy. But the environment is almost beyond debate these days.
- 2008 November 15, “G-20 Summit: Little Action, Many Promises”, in BusinessWeek:
- ... those are hardly ideas anyone would disagree with: "It's motherhood and apple pie, or whatever the European equivalent of motherhood and apple pie is."
- 2015 June 5, Randall Richmond, J., “Montreal (City of) c. Nelson, 2015 QCCM 146”, in CanLII, retrieved 18 July 2021:
- The right to freedom of expression was not entrenched in our Constitution in order to protect the expression of "motherhood-and-apple-pie" opinions. Those opinions never needed protection. The right to freedom of expression was entrenched in our Constitution in order to protect the expression of unpalatable opinions, no matter how unpopular.