Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ny"
From nýr (“new”).
- The prefix ný- may be prefixed to almost every past participle e.g. (nýfæddur (“new-born”) has the past participle fæddur from the verb fæða (“to give birth”)) and also to adjective with a past participle sense.
- nýalinn (newborn)
- nýborinn (newborn)
- nýandaður/nýdáinn (newly dead)
- nýfarinn (having newly gone)
- nýfæddur (newborn)
- nýfenginn (just recovered)
- nýgiftur (newly married)
- nýgotinn (newly dropped)
- nýgrafinn (newly buried)
- nýjarðaður (newly buried)
- nýkominn (having just arrived)
- nýorðinn (having just happened)
- nývaknaður (newly wakened)
- nýskýrður (newly christened)