Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
nethead (plural netheads)
- (slang) An obsessive Internet user.
- 1995, Jessie Cameron Herz, Surfing on the Internet: a nethead's adventure on-line
- 1998, Kimberly S. Young, Caught in the net (page 175)
- This is, after all, a gathering of a typical fraternity of netheads, those Internet-obsessed students who every night fill the large computer labs sprinkled throughout campus.
- (slang) A supporter of the Internet and its flexibility and technical underpinnings, contrasted with Bellhead (a supporter of traditional centralized telecommunications networks).