Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
neuticles pl (plural only)
- prosthetic testicles for neutered dogs.
2007, Susan M. Ewing, Poodles for Dummies, Wiley publishing, Inc., page 206:
- If you prefer a “natural look” for your male Poodle, ask your vet about a vasectomy or implanting artificial testicles (called neuticles).
2007, Sam Venable, Some Day I May Find Honest Work: A Newspaper Humorist's Life, The University of Texas Press, page 194:
- So plastic neuticles were invented to take their place. The vet is supposed to install them — they come in pairs, you understand — when the originals are removed.
2008, Bonnie Berry, The Power of Looks: Social Stratification of Physical Appearance, Ashgate Publishing, page 104:
- Her husband refused to have the dog neutered unless neuticles were implanted, and the wife complied.
2010 July 29, Khuly, Patty, “Vet's view: I'll nip/tuck your pet, but only for the right reasons”, in USA Today, Gannett Co. Inc.:
- Because there's a whole lot more on the table when it comes to building better pets via the business end of a scalpel. Consider the neuticles (testicular implants) some owners clamor for.
2012, Karen A. Cerulo, Janet M. Ruane, Second Thoughts: Sociology Challenges Conventional Wisdom, Sage Publications, Inc., page 88:
- Owners invest in pet face lifts, tummy tucks, nose jobs, breast reductions, and the newest craze, “neuticles”—testicular implants designed to give neutered dogs a more “masculine” look.