A neverthriving performing in San Francisco.
never + thriving. Included in a list of collective nouns in the Book of Saint Albans, published in 1486.
neverthriving (plural neverthrivings)
- (very rare, often humorous) A group of jugglers.
1994 1 April, labegael, “Re: What's average?”, rec.juggling, Usenet:
- where did i go wrong? *sob, sob* i merely wanted to point out that not all neverthrivings consist of solely men, that there are some average juggling women.......who don't have testicles.
2005 4 April, Scott Seltzer, “Re: - Voting results and next theme”, rec.juggling, Usenet:
- For those who don't know, there was a juggling party (not quite a convention, but an informal neverthriving) in Bermuda over the weekend.
- 2012, Jeff Strickler, "Juggling is bouncing back", Star Tribune, 30 October 2012:
- Minnesota Neverthriving (15th-century jargon for a company of jugglers) meets in south Minneapolis.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:neverthriving.