Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Causing obesity. [from 20th c.]
1970 July 1, Jimmie Holland; Joseph Masling, Donald Copley, “Mental Illness in Lower Class Normal, Obese and Hyperobese Women”, in Psychosomatic Medicine, volume 32, page 351-357:
- Some authors have characterized the so-called obesogenic family and have observed the similarity between this kind of family constellation and that of the schizophrenic patient
1973, Abstracts in anthropology, volume 4:
- Thus the changes of lifestyle, concerning diet and physical activity, ie obesogenic environment, was assumed responsible. In addition, the effect of thrifty genotype has been also considered - especially in the countries where obesity […]
- 2004, New Scientist, 30 October 2004, page 46
- Ironically, the US's obesogenic environment is one that societies through the ages have dreamed of: tasty cheap food in abundance, and barely a lick of hard work to be done.