Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: ŏbʹstĭnətlē, IPA(key): /ˈɑbstɪnətli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒbstɪnətli/
obstinately (comparative more obstinately, superlative most obstinately)
- In an obstinate manner.
- He obstinately made his motion at every meeting, even though no one else ever supported it and everyone else was bored with it.
- 1956 , Johanna Spyri, Heidi, translation of original by Eileen Hall, page 53:
- 'She'll do no such thing,' said the old man obstinately.
in an obstinate manner