Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɑdli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒdli/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒdli
oddly (not comparable)
- In a peculiar manner; strangely; unusually.
- In a manner measured by an odd number.
- 1998, Kay Almere Read, Time and Sacrifice in the Aztec Cosmos, page 107:
- The oddly counted lords are always out of sync with at least one other evenly counted cycle. These two strange counts assured that at no single moment could all cycles end at the same time for an extraordinarily long time, for at least one odd count threw off all the even ones.
in a odd number