Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being opaque, not allowing light to pass through
- We could not see the sandbar due to the opacity of the muddy water.
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being inaccessible to understanding
- The opacity of these decisions is troubling.
- (optics, countable) A measure of relative impenetrability to electromagnetic radiation such as light.
- The opacity of a clean glass window is near zero.
the state of being opaque
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.