Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Self-referring, self-reflexive, self-consuming; recursive
- Relating to the Ouroboros, a snake eating its own tail.
- What could be more ouroboric than members of the media who specialize in blaming the media.
- Going back in time and becoming one's own grandfather is a rather ouroboric endeavour
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, London: Rider/Hutchinson & Co., page 17:
- Like the ouroboric serpent which bites its own tail, the spinal column brings the mysteries of language and sexuality, mouth and genitals together.
self-referring, self-reflexive, self-consuming; recursive