Jump to navigation Jump to search
panlingual (not comparable)
- Involving or encompassing all languages
- 1998, Jonathan Gil Harris, Foreign bodies and the body politic, page 112:
- On the other hand, however, Lingua's scholarly audience could have responded to this ostentatious parade of panlingual skill as a confirmation of their own erudition.
- 2005, Marc Shell, Stutter, page 51:
- […] it is not interlingual translation that betrays the stutterer; it is, rather, panlingual stuttering.
- 2007, Stephen Henigan, A Grave in the Air, page 32:
- We spoke in a private panlingual gibberish. We were not German or European or English or Canadian; we were flesh detached from time and place.