Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or pertaining to paucity; being scarce or insufficient.
- The documentation was very pauce.
- 1966. Tōhoku Daigaku. Science Reports, v.37-38 1965-1967, Tōhoku University: 1966, Page 208,
- ...although the foraminiferal content is pauce.
- 1983. Academy of Political Science (U.S.) Political Science Quarterly; New York, v.98 (1983-84), Page 521,
- Comparable information for the Soviets is pauce; but the authors' observations are stimulating and plausible.
- 1997. Tony Whitten, Roehayat Emon Soeriaatmadja, Suraya A. Afiff, Surya Affif. The Ecology of Java and Bali, Oxford University Press: 1997, Page 600,
- So, although it is often asserted that monocultures lead to increased risks of disease and pest attack, the evidence is pauce.
- Can be misused by non-native speakers as a noun.