Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: pay check
paycheck (plural paychecks)
- (US) Money received on payday as payment for work performed.
- Coordinate term: payslip
- He was delighted after getting his first paycheck, but subsequently blew it all on the horses.
- 2001, “Because I Got High”, in Because I Got High, performed by Afroman:
- They took my whole paycheck and I know why / 'Cause I got high, 'cause I got high
- 2012 July 12, Sam Adams, “Ice Age: Continental Drift”, in AV Club:
- With the help of some low-end boosting, Dinklage musters a decent amount of kid-appropriate menace—although he never does explain his gift for finding chunks of ice shaped like pirate ships—but Romano and Leary mainly sound bored, droning through their lines as if they’re simultaneously texting the contractors building the additions on their houses funded by their fat sequel paychecks.
- 2019, “Super Sad Generation”, performed by Arlo Parks:
- We're a super sad generation / Killing time and losing our paychecks
money received on payday as payment for work performed