Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: pent up
- not expressed (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- repressed or suppressed, especially of emotions or impulses
- He punched his pillow and screamed at the top of his lungs about all the pent-up frustrations from the day.
- 2013, Daniel Taylor, Steven Gerrard goal against Poland ensures England will go to World Cup (in The Guardian, 15 October 2013)
- t was that kind of night, full of anxiety and drama and plenty of danger, until, finally, Steven Gerrard made sure all the pent-up emotion could be released.
repressed or suppressed, especially of emotions or impulses