Coined by André Blondel in 1921. See photo-.
phot (plural phots)
- A photometric unit of illuminance, or luminous flux through an area (symbol ph).
Clipping of photograph.
- (UK) Lua error in Module:IPA/tracking at line 58: attempt to index global 'tracking' (a nil value)
- Rhymes: -ɒt
phot (third-person singular simple present phots, present participle photting, simple past and past participle photted)
- (informal) to photograph
1999 May 28, David Johnson, “Re:re Looking on with responsibility”, in aus.rail, Usenet:
- They said no, so I climbed off a bridge and spent the rest of the day photting and cab-riding around BHP without permission.
2017 July 12, "The Three Rivers Rambler", “Re: Plane identity still a mystery”, in alt.local.geordie, Usenet:
- It's not an aerial one though as I havn't devved the transparency stuff yet, and I'll not get chance tommorrow as I'm photting the Touring Cars @ Croft.
2017 June 9, "n...@plunderhere.com", “FA: Rupert grint photo silver dog tag dogtag necklace pendant jewelry (#:1531663)”, in alt.marketplace, Usenet:
- dog tag is hard to phot because it is so shiny.