(Redirected from piss take)Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: pisstake
- (vulgar, New Zealand, Britain, slang) an instance of taking the piss
- 2012, Roy Chubby Brown, Common As Muck!: The Autobiography of Roy 'Chubby' Brown, →ISBN:
- You don't mind me saying this, but this is not a piss-take, is it? Because I know a few impressionists and you could be one of them.
- (vulgar, New Zealand, Britain, slang) a parody
- 2014, Sam Vincent, Blood and Guts: Dispatches from the Whale Wars, →ISBN:
- The slogan reminds me of Team America, the puppet piss-take of Bush era military interventionism brought to you by the creators of Whale Whores ('America: fuck, yeah!'). But this is no piss-take.
- 2015, Michael Coveney, Maggie Smith: A Biography, →ISBN:
- What's so funny about Maggie Smith's dowager of Downton is that it's basically a piss-take; but so good a piss-take that everyone takes it for real, because that's how we'd like to view our decaying aristocracy.
- 2015, Martin Roach, David Nolan, Damon Albarn - Blur, Gorillaz and Other Fables, →ISBN:
- “Within minutes, Damon had penned this superb Western theme tune, and I made up some words, a complete piss-take which went, 'I wanna sing in a Western, walk like big John Wayne, I wanna kill a hudred injuns, then shoot myself in the brain.' The rest of the class were gobsmacked because it sounded amazing, but they just didn't get it, it was a total piss-take.
- (vulgar, New Zealand, Britain, slang) an unpleasant situation that is comparable to a parody
- this job is a piss take.
- Alternative form of
- 2013, David Bennett, Firefighters of Cambridge, →ISBN:
- When someone tells a joke, the object or butt may not be present, or even a real person. Piss-taking is like the stand-up comic joke, in that both have a butt and an audience, in some cases these being one and the same.
- 2015, Stan Osborne, Making The Grade, →ISBN:
- Some of the piss-taking was more serious and bordered on bullying.
- 2015, Sam A Saxon, Flying Bras and…, →ISBN:
- The fact that I'm Jewish was used as an excuse to piss-take, but I am pretty certain that this was not in any way conscious anti-Semitism.