Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
plausibility (plural plausibilities)
- The quality of being plausible; speciousness.
- Anything plausible or specious.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of R. Browning to this entry?)
- (obsolete) Something worthy of praise.
- Integrity, fidelity, and other gracious plausibilities. — E. Vaughan.
the quality of being plausible
anything plausible or specious
- plausibility in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- plausibility in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913