Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
plausibility (plural plausibilities)
- The quality of being plausible; speciousness.
- Anything plausible or specious.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of R. Browning to this entry?)
- (obsolete) Something worthy of praise.
- Integrity, fidelity, and other gracious plausibilities. — E. Vaughan.
the quality of being plausible
anything plausible or specious
- “plausibility”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- Noah Webster (1913), “plausibility”, in Noah Porter, editor, Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam Company