Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To take part in a charade, deception, or practical joke
- James thought it was cruel for the fraternity members to make the pledge think his father had died suddenly and refused to play along.
- James played along with the frat boys.
- James played along with their cruel trick.
- 29 February 2012, Aidan Foster-Carter, BBC News North Korea: The denuclearisation dance resumes
- North Korea loves to spring surprises. More unusual is for its US foe to play along.