Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a dull, predictable manner.
- 2012 April 23, Angelique Chrisafis, “François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election”, in the Guardian:
- His stance as being against the world of finance and his proposal of a 75% tax on incomes over €1m (£817,000) was approved by a majority in polls. He was convinced that his more measured, if ploddingly serious, style would win out with an electorate tired of Sarkozy's bling and frenetic policy initiatives.
- 2007 August 17, Janet Maslin, “Can’t Tell a Book (Kapow!) by Its Cover”, in New York Times:
- “The Intruders,” which seems like such a ploddingly literal-minded title for a book that begins with a home invasion, turns out to signal a sci-fi horrific strain, one that guarantees puzzling questions about the characters’ true identities and motives.