See also: Podunk
From Podunk, a mythical small town of no importance.
- (US) Small, rural, and unimportant.
- 2007 February 5, “"We're not some podunk town anymore”, in USA Today:
- "'A Super Bowl win can legitimize us as a town. We're not some small podunk town anymore,'" said Spencer Venable of Indianapolis.
- 2010, “Round-Up Time: Pendleton Town Celebrates 100th!”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- Yes the beautiful time every year when this little podunk town [of Pendleton, Oregon] swells to four or five times her size with Round-Up feverish Cowboy types who chew, spit and chase four-legged critters around a screaming arena….check that….That’s normal…
- 2010, “You might live in a podunk town if...”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- You might live in a podunk town if...your Wal-Mart has a hitching post.