point of use
Jump to navigation Jump to search
point of use (plural points of use)
- (also attributively) The location or other circumstances in which a product or service is utilized.
- 2021 January 25, Chris Barker, Dr Robin Russell-Jones, “Electric cars are not the only green solution”, in The Guardian:
- In fact, if electric cars become cheaper and continue to benefit from tax relief, the total number of cars may well rise. Electric cars produce no toxic emissions at the point of use but, as with all cars, embodied carbon in the production of vehicles and batteries generate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Synonym: (initialism) POU
- “point of use” in the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.