Jump to navigation Jump to search
policing (countable and uncountable, plural policings)
- Monitoring or regulation.
- Patrolling by the police.
- Maintenance of public order.
monitoring or regulation
patrolling by the police
maintenance of public order
- present participle of police
- 2013 July 26, Leo Hickman, “How algorithms rule the world”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 7, page 26:
- The use of algorithms in policing is one example of their increasing influence on our lives. And, as their ubiquity spreads, so too does the debate around whether we should allow ourselves to become so reliant on them – and who, if anyone, is policing their use.