Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
popul m (plural populs)
popul m (plural populi)
- (in general sense) people
- a people, tribe, nation, inhabitants of a country, district, town
- a large number of persons held together by some common interest
- folk, people (in general)
- populace, crowd
|Old Irish mutation|
pronounced with /b(ʲ)-/
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- “popul” in Dictionary of the Irish Language, Royal Irish Academy, 1913–76.