Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: preemptory
- 1863, Donald Grant Mitchell, My Farm of Edgewood: A Country Book, p105
- But with this, and all other aids — among which I may name the loose preëmptory reflections and suggestions of certain adjoining farmers — I was by no means proud of the appearance of the little herd of twelve or fourteen cows with which operations were to commence.
- 1926, S.S. McClure Co., McClure’s Magazine, p380
- We pulls into Coal Creek late that night, and then he suddenly gets all-fired preëmptory.
- 2003, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Theosophical Quarterly Magazine 1907, p40
- The King sent preëmptory instructions to his Ambassador at Rome, Cardinal D’Estrees, to enter the lists against Molinos and to do everything in his power to ruin him.