Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
primerole (plural primeroles)
- (obsolete or poetic) A primrose.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Chaucer to this entry?)
- Anna Eliza Bray
- […] not a rill of water but crept from its hiding place, under banks entangled with briers and weeds, or thickly set with their clusters of primeroles (to use old Chaucer's word for that palest and prettiest of yellow flowers) […]
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
- Primeroles and anemones were awake in the filbert-brakes; and asphodel and many lily-flowers nodded their half-opened heads in the grass […]