Jump to navigation Jump to search
Origin uncertain; perhaps an extended form of razz(le-dazzle).
- Ambiguous or meaningless language.
- He says he's late for the meeting because his daughter had an emergency at school, but I don't buy this razzmatazz.
- Empty and tiresome speculation.
- A few politicians are creating some razzmatazz about reinstating the draft.
- (informal) Something presenting itself in a fanciful and showy, often unrealistic manner, especially when intended to impress and confuse.
- Is he really the next big thing, or is all the media attention just a bunch of razzmatazz?
- (rare) A long and imposing series of mindless but necessary tasks; drudgery.
- When I finally got done dealing with all the razzmatazz of college registration, I decided to go out and have a drink.