receit (plural receits)
- Obsolete form of receipt.
- What shal this receit cost? Telleth me now.
- Of this receit, farewel, it n'old not be.
- 1622, Francis Bacon, Bacon's History of the Reign of King Henry VII, Cambridge University Press (1902), page 154:
- The lords that were appointed to circle the hill, had some days before planted themselves, as at the receit, in places convenient.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.