Jump to navigation Jump to search
- remembryng (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈmɛmb(ə)ɹɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈmɛmb(ə)ɹɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: re‧mem‧ber‧ing
- The act by which something is remembered.
- 1997, Marita Sturken, Tangled Memories: The Vietnam War, the AIDS Epidemic, and the Politics of Remembering
- The Vietnam War films are forms of memory that function to provide collective rememberings, to construct history, and to subsume within them the experience of the veterans.
- 1998, Merrelyn Emery, Searching: The Theory and Practice of Making Cultural Change
- In this process participants become immersed in the dynamic interplay of rememberings, communal extraction, imaginings, expectings, etc., and of singular perceptions of each of these separately and as they come together […]