resting bitch face (plural resting bitch faces)
- (slang, vulgar, derogatory) An angry or unpleasant look that does not accurately reflect the way a person is feeling or that the person assumes when not consciously controlling their expression.
- 2013, Addison Moore, 3:AM Kisses, ↑ISBN, unnumbered page:
- A brassy blonde steps forward, and you can tell by her resting bitch face, that ultra-cruel look in her eyes, that she's the one in charge of this quasi-hostage situation.
- 2015, Tracey Ward, This is the Wonder, ↑ISBN:
- This guy's hair is a little longer, way blonder, and the smile on his face is a sharp contrast to the resting bitch face the General wears.
- 2015, Adrian R. Hale, A Taste of Bliss, ↑ISBN, unnumbered page:
- Well hell, if that's what he wanted all along I would have given him my resting bitch face at the beginning of the shoot and saved us all some time.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:resting bitch face.
- Mandarin: 碧池臉, 碧池脸 (bìchíliǎn), 厭世臉, 厌世脸 (yànshìliǎn)
- Finnish: nyrpeä naama
- Spanish: please add this translation if you can