Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Canada, impolite, slang) A worker on an oil rig; a roughneck.
- 2005, Paul Carter, Don't Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs, She Thinks I'm a Piano Player in a Whorehouse, page 95:
- And, of course, they can maintain control of half a dozen shit-scared rig pigs.
- 2006, Laurie Hannan, The Gamble, page 118:
- "Rig pigs are welders that drive souped up pick-up trucks with all their gear in the back and they spend weeks at sites welding. […] " " […] You should know that. You're from Alberta!"
- 2007, Paul Carter, This Is Not a Drill: Just Another Glorious Day in the Oilfield, page 238:
- You are truly a fucking champion and thank you for bringing a smile to a rig pig's wife!
- Most commonly used in Alberta, Canada.