Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Audio (Northern California, US)||(file)|
- (US) An eight or nine digit number used by a banking institution to designate a certain geographic area used to direct and sort inquiries and transactions to the correct district, usually shown at the bottom left of a check
- 1997 Uniform Commercial Code Law
- If you voluntarily give information about your account (such as our routing number and your account number) to a party
- 1999 Thomas Savings Directory
- The eligible recipient of a routing number must be legally chartered or Licensed to collect or pay cash items such as...
- 2003 Dude Where's My Country
- Enter the financial institution's routing number and verify that
- Mom, what is a routing number? Why do I have to use some bank number instead of plastic? That would be so much easier!
- My cashiers always get confused finding the right check, account, and routing numbers because customers seldom pay with checks