Jump to navigation Jump to search
seeded (not comparable)
- Bearing seed.
- (sports) Being a seed; being in a seed position.
- (heraldry, of a rose) Having the stamens / seeds indicated.
- 1968, Charles MacKinnon of Dunakin, The Observer's Book of Heraldry, pages 72-73:
- A rose in heraldry is a five-petalled one, and the five leaves and the seeds are often of different tinctures, e.g. A rose Gules barbed and seeded proper. When barbed and seeded proper the barbs or leaves are green and the seeds yellow. Otherwise the barbs and seeds must have their tincture stated.
- simple past tense and past participle of seed