Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The property of two or more appearances of being of the selfsame underlying object; sameness as regards self or identity.
- There is no doubt about the selfsameness of the morning Sun with the evening Sun.
- 1876, F. H. Bradley, Ethical Studies:
- Now the first condition of the possibility of my guiltiness, or of my becoming a subject for moral imputation, is my self-sameness; I must be throughout one identical person.
- selfsameness in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911