Jump to navigation Jump to search
sheitel (plural sheitels)
- A wig worn by married orthodox Jewish women.
- #* 2006, Jacobson, Howard, Kalooki Nights, Vintage, published 2007, page 196:
- I keep wanting to put her in a sheitel, the wig that every Orthodox Jewish wife is supposed to wear in order to prevent a man not her husband from lusting after her in his heart.
- (Polari) A wig (of any kind).
- 1997, Gardiner, James, Who's a Pretty Boy Then?, page 137:
- Will you take a varder at the cartz on the feely-omi in the naf strides: the one with the bona blue ogles polarying the omi-palone with a vogue on and a cod sheitel.