Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- plural of
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of shoot
shoots (not comparable)
- (Hawaii, slang) Alright; ok; of course.
- 2006, Steen Marcussen, 2000 Carats, page 410:
- Johannis and Marcella took a yellow cab downtown and asked the driver to stop in front of First National City Bank.
Marcella looked at Johannis with question marks in the eyes.
—Ok! It means ok Marcella.
- (Hawaii, slang) Goodbye.
- 2010, David Heaukulani, The Reficul Parallax: Godsquad Genesis, page 112:
- The concierge began talking on the phone in the local pidgin. “Eh, anikala Moki, diz Rodney at work, howzit? I get one winnah for you today. Diz guys like go Miloliʻi … no kidding uncle, four poʻe ipukea kane, come now. Shoots.”
- ^ Hunter Travel Guides: Adventure Guide Kauai, by Heather McDaniel, Hunter Publishing, Inc., 2007, page 40.