show one's butt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Canada, US, slang, idiomatic) To misbehave or act defiantly.
- 1977, ISLA - Volume 15, page 231:
- They've been showing their butts (misbehaving), and so you know they haven't been out.
- 2005, H. A. Covington, A Mighty Fortress, →ISBN, page 152:
- As of tonight those Federal goons in there showing their butts aren't law enforcement officers any more. They're the criminals now.
- 2008, Robert McCammon, Boy's Life, →ISBN, page 65:
- Granddaddy Jaybird always did something to, as Dad said when he thought I wasn't listening, “show his butt,” and today would be no exception.
- 2009, Barry Reed, The Innocent Pirate, →ISBN, page 267:
- Las' night he tried ta show his butt by standin' up ta his ole man. I don't reckon he'll try that again anytime soon.
- 2010, Laura Lacey Satterly, Survival 2033, →ISBN, page 65:
- He really showed his butt when he screeched in anger and frustration at finding it empty. He proceeded to rip the hell out of the bamboo, pulling it out of the ground with his beak and talons.
- 2012, Tracie Crawford, I Changed My Mind, →ISBN, page 76:
- He caused us to be late getting on the road because he was playing the “poor, pitiful, no-one understands me” card. It was around this time I learned a new expression from his family. He was showing his butt.
- Synonym: show one's ass