shower of shit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (pejorative) A mass of something.
- It looks likes we're in for a shower of shit.
- 1966, Patrick Dennis, Tony:
- Terribly big name of course, but the writing . . . well, I'm afraid it isn't . . . well, to be quite candid about it, it's a perfect shower of shit. Pity.
- 1989, P. J. O'Rourke, Holidays in hell:
- The whole month here has been one long shower of shit about America, just because we took a punch at the Libyans.
- (pejorative) An individual or group.
- You shower of shit don't have the right to wear a uniform.
- 1977, Archie Hill, A cage of shadows:
- For Christ's sake, lay off one another - do you hear? You fucking miserable shower of shit.
- 2006, Nick Talevski, Knocking on Heaven's Door: Rock Obituaries, page 619:
- Never again would the Stones hear his immortal, “Come on my little showers of shit, you're on,” as he herded them towards the stage of some gigantic auditorium.
- 2009, Larry Harrison, Glimpses of a Floating World, page 21:
- 'Right, lad, stand up! You're going up to A2 landing.' Ronnie was slow to respond, so the screw dragged him to his feet, shouting as though they were on a parade ground. 'Come along, come along! Move yourself, you steaming shower of shit!'