Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: side effect
side-effect (plural side-effects)
- Alternative spelling of
- To alter as a side effect.
- 1980, W. de Moor, H. R. Wijngaarden, Psychotherapy, research and training, page 147:
- Furthermore, we are on the look-out for pre-conditions for good therapy - so as to prevent the unintended bad therapy: but our efforts are duly side-effected by lack of control over such preconditions.
- 2002, Asian Symposium on Partial Evaluation and Semantics-Based Program Manipulation:
- Local objects can further be distinguished by whether or not they are escaping from the execution of m, and non-local objects can be further distinguished by whether or not they are side-effected by a visible side-effect during the execution of m:
- 2012, Robert L. Constable, Alexandra Silva, Logic and Program Semantics:
- Hence, side-effecting the environment is equivalent to collaborating with an autonomous co-robot.